Saturday 20 June 2015

No Sick Days for Mummy...

So being sick sucks. You feel tired and achy all over, you can't breath because of all the mucous and all you want to do is curl up in a ball and go to sleep. So if you have a job you phone in sick and have a duvet day but about if you're a mum? No such luck! What about if you're a sick mum with 2 sick children? Yep... We've all been in quarantine for the last few days. It started with Alice (I thought breastfed babies aren't supposed to get sick?) then I got it and finally Afonso got hit too. We took a trip to A&E because Alice just kept getting worse and she prescribed a nasal spray which is actually 100% sea water. Alice was not impressed. It was a 3 man job trying to get it up her nose! Most of it went in her mouth or in her eyes. My poor baby...
Not sure how we survived because it's all a blur now but it was pure hell. Imagine 2 sick clingy and snotty kids clawing at you all day and night when you're sick too. NOT FUN! But it's over now and I'm slowly starting to feel human again. If this ever happens to you make sure you have someone that can help as much as possible. I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have my mum around these last few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment